DIRECTOR OF SALES AND MARKETING
POSITION TITLE: Director, Sales and Marketing
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
SUPERVISES: (Contracted) Marketing and Sales Workforce
POSITION SUMMARY: Plans and implements sales and marketing strategies, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally or through contracted personnel or organizations. This position is at the enterprise level and may service various subsidiary organizations in numerous industries.
- 1.Responsible for developing and implementing strategic marketing plans and sales plan and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- 2.Responsible for developing and managing sales/marketing operating budgets.
- 3.Responsible for planning and overseeing advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- 4. Responsible for developing and recommending product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- 5. Responsible for achieving satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- 6. Ensures effective control of market results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- 7. Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- 8. Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- 9. Responsible for managing and monitoring social media accounts.
- 10. Responsible for the creation of brochures, business cards, and other marketing and promotional materials
- 11. Represents company at trade association meetings to promote products and services
- Bachelors Degree in Sales, Marketing, or Business Administration - (MBA preferred)
- 10+ years experience of progressive responsibility in operations management
- 10+ years of Sales
- 10+ years of Marketing
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Superior time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Must be able to travel (30%)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Multiunit Management, Business Development, Strategic Thinking, Market Knowledge, Daily Operations, Resource Management, Project Management and supervision, Customer Focus, Customer Service, Superior Verbal & Written Communication, Process Management, Problem Solving, Executive Management, Leadership, Time Management, Organization, Staff Management & Supervision, Emphasizing Excellence, Team Building & Motivation, Leadership and Vision
- 1. Trustworthy
- 2. Respectable
- 3. Honest
- 4. Analytical
- 5. Practical
- 6. Responsive
- 7. Influential
- 8. Innovative
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands of this job consists of active communications that includes talking, listening, and hearing through virtual tools such as Skype, GoToMeetings, and a plan old telephone system. The contractor may frequently stand or sit through meetings and sales presentations for the clients. The contractor will set up display booths at tradeshows that consists of carrying equipment up to 50lbs. Frequent travel to and from the client site and tradeshows is not abnormal.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.