BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
POSITION TITLE: Business Development Consultant
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
POSITION SUMMARY: Creates new business opportunities for the organization by establishing and maintaining relationships with customer contacts and prospects. Identifies and closes sales leads while continually planning, organizing, and adjusting the content of the sales presentation for a delivery that impacts the client. Works to find new sales leads through business directories, client referrals, cold calls, etc. Continues to collaborate with the customers to understand their wants while creating solutions that ensure a smooth sales process.
- 1. Makes telephone calls (cold calls), in-person visits, and presentations to current and potential clients.
- 2. Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
- 3. Follows up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- 4. Identifies sales prospects and contacts these and other accounts as assigned.
- 5. Prepares presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- 6. Develops and maintains sales materials and current product knowledge.
- 7. Establishes and maintains current client and potential client relationships.
- 8. Prepares paperwork to activate and maintain contract services.
- 9. Manages account services through quality checks and other follow-up.
- 10. Identifies and resolves client concerns.
- 11. Prepares a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- 12. Communicates new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- 13. Coordinates with company staff as needed to accomplish the work required to closing sales.
- 14. Manages business deals from negotiation to closure
- 15. Performs other Sales related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Sales, Marketing, Communications, or Business Administration
- 3+ years experience in Sales
- 3 + years experience in business development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Superior time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work independently
- Great presentation skills
- Must be able and willing to travel (30%)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Business Development, Strategic Thinking, Strategic Prospecting, Rapport Building on the Call, Active Listening, Project Management, Customer Focus, Customer Service, Superior Verbal & Written Communication, Presentation or Demo Skills, Problem Solving, Time Management, Organization, Emphasizing Excellence, Closing Techniques, Post-Sale Relationship Management
- 1. Trustworthy
- 2. Respectable
- 3. Honest
- 4. Analytical
- 5. Practical
- 6. Responsive
- 7. Influential
- 8. Innovative
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands of this job consists of active communications that includes talking, listening, and hearing through virtual tools such as Skype, GoToMeetings, and a plan old telephone system. The contractor may frequently stand or sit through meetings and sales presentations for the clients. The contractor will set up display booths at tradeshows that consists of carrying equipment up to 50lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the contractor for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
** This is not a salaried position. This is a Commission - Based opportunity where our Business Development Consultants have the potential to earn a great income. With the advancements in technology, the vast majority of this position is completed via virtual means, with quarterly company sponsored meetings to review, enhance, and synchronize processes.